Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January 27 :: Tecoman, Mexico

January 27 :: Tecoman, Mexico :: 107 km / 2443km total

Refreshed after a big lobster meal last night, I rode out before first light, back into the hills. I was sweating before sunrise, rolling the bike over ridge after ridge. Eventually the hills gave way, as did Michoacan (sp?) State, and I entered Colima State on the flats. Hot, hot, but flat, I pressed along, down on my aerobars to punch a hole through the variable winds. Crossing speed bumps at Cerro de Ortega I had a brief conversation with some RV drivers from Port Hope, Ontario. The km's tick by SO much easier on the flats, and it wasn't too long before Tecoman appeared. Manzanillo is 70km away... an easy short and flat day tomorrow that for once I will beat out the Sun on!

2 comments:

Patriarch said...

Lobster? Was this an upscale restaurant or your usual "informal" establishment catering to locals?

Graham Durrant said...

Extremely informal. A beachside seating area. And it was an entire lobster.